March 31, 2017
What you need
- 450 Beef fillet
- 1.5 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (preferably Vietnamese)
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 100ml vegetable oil
- 50g garlic
- Bunch of mint, coriander and Thai basil
- Thinly slice the garlic on a mandolin or with a sharp knife
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic until golden
- Take out the garlic and lay it on paper towel to absorb excess oil. Set aside and use later to garnish.
- Cut the beef in to 2 inch chunks
- Add the oyster, black pepper, soy sauce to the oil in the garlic was fried. Use this sauce to marinade the beef (the longer the better).
- Make sure beef is room temperature, then heat the wok until smoking hot.
- Add your beef and shake the wok for around 40 seconds
- Add the herb to the bottom of your plate and place the beef straight on top
- Garnish with the thinly sliced crispy garlic.