March 31, 2017
What you need
- 8 Rice Paper Sheets
- 200g Cooked Vermicelli Noodles
- 200g Mixed Herbs (coriander,mint,thai basil, perilla)
- 200g Pickled Carrot
- 160g Pickled Cucumber
Pickled Carrots and Cucumbers:
- 2 carrots cut into matchsticks or julienned using a mandolin (using the finest
- 2 cucumbers cut into matchsticks or julienned using a mandolin (using the
- medium setting)
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 150ml rice wine vinegar
- 1 birds eye chili
Peanut Dipping Sauce:
- 25g peanut butter
- 20g hoisin sauce
- 30ml water
- Place carrots and cucumbers in two separate mixing bowls, sprinkle with salt, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Squeeze the cucumbers and carrots to extract the water and drain.
- Mix the sugar and vinegar in a pot over low heat and adjust to your own personal taste.
- Once mixture is completely cold, pour over carrots and cucumbers.
- Add smashed chili.
(This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator).
- For the dipping sauce, combine the peanut butter, hoisin sauce and water together in a pan on medium heat. Serve hot.
- Soak the rice paper sheet in luke warm water.
- Place a bit of the cucumber, carrot, vermicelli noodles and mixed herbs above the bottom of the rice paper.
- Roll over half way tightly fold in the sides to the centre and finish through.