Truffle Seafood Ceviche
March 30, 2017
What you need
- 30 grams sliced white fish
- 4 prawns cut
- 3 large jumbo scallops cut in 1/4
- 3 limes juice
- 4 liberal pinches of salt
- 3 mangosteen (juice)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon of coconut water
- White truffle oil to taste
- 1/4 cup of minced red and yellow bell peppers
- 1/2 avocado chopped
- 6 perilla leaves chiffonade
- 1 lime leaf cut into hairline slivers
- Mix the white fish and prawns together in a mixing bowl.
- Season with salt and lime juice and let it marinate for 10 minutes, turning the seafood over to make sure they are all equally seasoned.
- Add the scallops and let sit for another 10 minutes.
- Once the liquid turns white, the fish is opaque, and the prawns become slightly red, drain the liquid. (This liquid is called leche de tigre or tiger’s milk. In Peru, it is served in a shot glass alongside the ceviche).
- Add the bell peppers to the seafood mixture and season with cracked pepper.
- In a separate bowl, mix the coconut water, coconut cream and mangosteen juice.
- Add the liquid mixture to the ceviche and make sure all the seafood is equally coated.
- Add the lime leaf, avocado, and a drizzle of white truffle oil.
Here’s a little video to help guide you!